Friday, November 15, 2013

The Meaning of Monny

My goal for this blog is to post updates about my family and my life as well as stories or feelings that might arise at certain times. Also, of course, to post more photos than necessary of my little mini for all to see. 

I am new to this whole blogging thing, but have recently found myself desperately reading blogs written by people I don't even know. The recent loss of my little baby girl Grace sent me into a whirlwind of Google searches, looking for some similar experiences as my own for comfort. I found a lot of "mommy" blogs, and decided writing about my experiences with life and loss would not only help me in my grieving, but maybe even help someone else who might be going through any of the same things. 

For those of you that might be thinking I spelled mommy wrong in the title of my blog, it is actually intentional, and what I tend to answer to these days. 
"Oh Monny, oh Monny." This is what Ellie likes to say in the sweetest little voice possible if she ever decides to surprise me with a hug. She places her little arms around my shoulders and pats my back, head nestled in my neck. Talk about melting my heart into gooey love, but this little act also never fails to make me giggle. While her initial name for me was the oh so popular and easy-to-say "mama," she has recently given me the title of Monny. Since she obviously had no problems saying the "m" sound in mama, I am really not sure why I have now graduated to Monny and not the expected Mommy, but I am more than okay with it. I love that it is something unique, and like I said before, it can often add some humor to my day. 

So with that explained, I will leave you with a photo of what is happening at the Alsip residence today. A typical day of playing with something that was not purchased to be a toy but is way more fun, stripping off her clothes even though the house is freezing, and a silly face. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment