Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tell-All Tuesday: I HATE PACKING!

Alright, I am seriously slacking here. I have been trying to get motivated to write about something all day, and it just isn't happening. The only thing I can think about is how all I should be doing is packing for Ellie and myself for our trip, but all I am doing is thinking about how much I really despise packing. I am an excellent procrastinator when it comes to pretty much everything else in my life, so that is naturally how I handle packing as well. In my defense, this particular trip to Hawaii that has resulted in myself and my little sister Kelci traveling along with Ellie has been on-again, off-again, Ellie coming, Ellie staying behind, and various other scenarios until about two days ago. I am extremely excited to be taking Ellie on her first vacation, and to Hawaii of all places! What I am not looking forward to, however, is the 6+ hours that will be spent on an airplane with my toddler who seems to be stuffed with ten people's worth of energy at any given time. She is NOT a cuddly child, and does not know what the phrase "sit still" even means, so I couldn't help but start sweating bullets and twitching slightly with anxiety as I read "passenger traveling with a LAP CHILD" as I checked in to my flight today. Oh boy, here we go. I have packed an entire backpack with new little toys and snacks exclusively for Ellie, even though I am pretty sure these are all just going to end up on other passengers and various parts of the plane. Can they kick you off of a plane in mid air? I sure hope not...although they are probably going to be reconsidering this option in approximately 14 hours. I know that I shouldn't be complaining. I am going to Hawaii, and it is going to be amazing. I just can't help but stress a little bit, or maybe a lot, about getting there and home. Wish us luck!
Ellie is all ready for the beach with her sun hat! And penguin pajamas?

No comments:

Post a Comment