Wednesday, July 2, 2014

32 Weeks

How far along: 32 weeks 4 days. Sometimes I think about how far along I am, and I can't believe how time is flying. Other times, like right now for example, I sit and think about how long this seems to be taking, and that I have pretty much been pregnant for a whole year now (minus about 2 months). It was summer of last year when I found out that I was pregnant with Grace, and my body and mind just can't help but feel like I should already be holding a baby by now. I hate to complain, but it's a little bit exhausting.

The Bambean's size: 19 inches and 3.9 pounds. Baby is about the size of a head of lettuce.

Maternity clothes: It has been freaking hot out, and if I didn't look like a sweaty, bloated, dimply-legged penguin waddling around with a melon (or maybe two) stuck in my belly I would seriously consider the necessity of clothing.

Sleep: It's getting harder to rest well at night. The frequent bathroom trips involving small trickles as opposed to what initially feels like gallons of pee about to make my bladder burst have multiplied. Also, trying to situate myself into a comfortable sleeping position with a basketball sized stomach that is apparently housing a nocturnal gymnast is pretty much impossible.

Cravings/aversions: Berries and chocolate milk.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Getting huge, along with many other things that I can't specifically think of right now because my brain is mush, and I have to waddle my way to the bathroom really quickly...

Best moment(s) this last week: We went to a fun BBQ to celebrate Ellie's friend Alegra turning 2! It's always neat to watch the kids play together. Ellie hoarded a bubble making lawnmower pretty much the entire time, telling everyone around her it was "Ellie's" at least 5 times while I stuffed my face with delicious food. I also went to my childhood friend Renee's baby shower, which was amazingly put together and pretty much trumped any Pinterest photos I have ever seen. It was so fun to see her and her adorable little belly.

Movement: Bambean gets the hiccups every night at approximately 11 pm, and frequently attempts to escape out of my right side throughout the day and night.

Gender Prediction: Boy.

Belly button in or out: It spends a lot of time popped out now.

Happy or moody: Moody. I am hot and tired.

Looking forward to: Having our own house to grow our little family in. Things have been moving a little slowly lately, but I am confident it will be picking up here soon!

Bumpity Bump:

Showed up to Renee's shower wearing pretty much the exact same thing as her, just with the colors inverted. It gave us a good laugh :) She's due with a little girl just 11 days before me!

No comments:

Post a Comment