Sunday, December 15, 2013

Ellie's Nursery

I am having a little bit of a sentimental Sunday here. I don't know if it is because I have been thinking about my friends' upcoming little bundles as I see their beautiful bellies grow, or maybe because I still have the number of weeks pregnant I am supposed to be with Grace still marked in my calendar on every Tuesday, but I just have little newborns stamped on the inside of my eyelids, and keep thinking about Ellie as a tiny brand new life. So fresh and new and helpless, wanting nothing more than to be held, and fed, and changed, and fed, and loved, and fed. It was such a whirlwind rush of a time, and I wish there was some sort of button I could push to take me back whenever I wanted. To see those brand new wrinkly little hands and toes, see those adorably awkward little chicken legs, smell that new baby smell, and hear those little squeaks and coos. I love sitting in the large gray chair in Ellie's nursery, sometimes while she is playing around me, sometimes alone while she is with Kevin downstairs, remembering all of these things. It's the closest thing besides skimming through photos that I ever get to it all. I adore that room, even if it melts me down into a mushy little sap. Kevin and I put so much time and love into making it the best space our new baby could ever want, until we could finally fill it with the truest creation of our absolute love and affection for each other, our little Ellie Bean.

While I know I posted a before and after photo of the room sometime on Facebook, I don't think that I ever shared the ultimate final result. So here it is!

Rug, Dresser, Chandelier and Closet Curtains: Ikea
Crib: DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
Crib Bedding Set: Just One You by Carters


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job Hilari, with both Ellie's room and your commentary! Tutu

    ReplyDelete